One of the toughest entrance exams of India, Common Aptitude Test is a computer based test conducted by Indian Institute of Managements (IIMs) to test the Verbal Ability (VA), Quantitative Ability (QA), Data Interpretation (DI), Reading Comprehension (RC), and Logical Reasoning (LR). It allows the admission confirmation in top 19 Indian Institute of Management and different business colleges. It is a highly reputed test that deals with the admissions in postgraduate degree of Business i.e. MBA. CAT 2017 Notification is tending to be out shortly, thus here we'll update you with all the mandatory info and details. The candidates who'll qualify this communicating are going to be entailed more analysis in next spherical that consists of discussion and Interview that is additionally referred to as the choice and rejection stage. CAT 2017 Examination has offered nice opportunities to any or all those students who are seeking to pursue post graduation programmes in business.
CAT MBA entrance exam is said to be the mother of all MBA entrance exams. Common Admission Test – CAT 2017 is the finest MBA entrance test if you are seeking to pursue the courses of MBA/PGDM in IIMs and other top-notch Management institutes in India. Not only in the IIMs but also in other top MBA colleges, CAT exam 2017 will be conducted for the admissions to PGP/PGDM 2018-20 batches in the approaching academic year.
List of IIMs in India.
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, established in 1961
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, established in 1961
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, established in 1973
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, established in 1984
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, established in 1996
- Indian Institute of Management Indore, established in 1996
- Indian Institute of Management Shillong, established in 2007
- Indian Institute of Management Rohtak, established in 2010
- Indian Institute of Management Ranchi, established in 2010
- Indian Institute of Management Raipur, established in 2010
- Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli, established in 2011
- Indian Institute of Management Kashipur, established in 2011
- Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, established in 2011
- Indian Institute of Management Nagpur, established in 2015
- Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam, established in 2015
- Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya, established in 2015
- Indian Institute of Management Amritsar, established in 2015
- Indian Institute of Management, Sambalpur, established in 2015
- Indian Institute of Management, Sirmaur, established in 2015
- Indian Institute of Management, Jammu, established in 2016
CAT is the MBA/PGP/PGDM entrance exam for admission to all the 20 IIMs and other top notch institutes. The biggest benefit to study in the government IIMs is that the standard of learning and education is high and provided by government of India with minimal expenses possible, the faculty members of the IIMs are highly learned and experienced from faculty of mentor IIMs. The overall and sectional scores in CAT 2017 would be offering an opportunity to get admission not only in IIMs in 2018 but also in other top ranked Business schools of India like SPJIMR Mumbai, FMS Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, MDI Gurugram, IMI New Delhi, JBIMS Mumbai, NITIE Mumbai, BIMTECH Greater Noida, TAPMI Manipal, etc.
Courses TO BE Offered Through CAT 2017
- PGP- Post Graduate Programme prepares the students with leadership qualities and skills required as per the corporate world.
- PGPEM- Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management is developing the cutting-edge professionals in Enterprise.
- PGPBM- Post Graduate Programme in Business Management allows the students to excel in the large as well as small scale business processes by refining leadership and management skills.
- PGPPM- Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management prepares the students to deal with the public level competencies and learn their management.
- PGP-Mumbai- Post Graduate Programme at Mumbai allows the students to refine their business and management skills at the financial capital of India.
- PGP-UAE- Post Graduate Programme at UAE helps the students to study in United Arab Emirates by following up to the international business skills.
- EPGPM- Executive Post Graduate Programme prepares the students to refine their communication as well as other professional skills.
- PGPSM- Post Graduate Programme in Securities Marketing helps the students to gain marketing skills and excel their tactical and statistical knowledge.
- PGPWE- Post Graduate Programme for Working Executives helps the working professionals to gain a degree equivalent to MBA and become top-notch leaders.
- PGDM- Post Graduate Diploma in Management develops the management qualities and skills of the students with practical and analytical training.
- PGDHRM- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management refines the management skills in the students by making them efficient, well communicative, and situation holders.
- PGPEX- Post Graduate Programme for Executives trains the students to become executives.
- PDP-ABM- Post Graduate Programme in Agri- Business Management prepares the students for the mastership in agricultural business management.
- MBA- Master in Business Administration is the post graduate degree programme common amongst the management students.
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2017
Qualification: The candidates with a Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree from a recognized university having at least 50% are eligible for CAT examination. Meanwhile, candidates belonging to reserved categories are provided with a relaxation in percentage.
Age limit: Candidates above 18 years of age can apply for CAT exam without further age constraint.
Dates to remember for CAT 2017
CAT 2017 Notification Declaration Date
30th July 2017
CAT 2017 Registration Starts
First Week of August 2017
CAT 2017 Registration Closes
CAT 2017 Admit Card Issue
CAT 2017 Exam Date
CAT 2017 Result Declaration
Online registration process for CAT 2017
- The registration process starts with creating a profile at the official website by following the link: iimcat.ac.in.
- With the generated User ID and Password, log in to your profile and fill in the details like, name, address, id proof, email, contact number, etc. as required.
- After this process, upload your self-attested passport sized photograph and your signature.
- You are required to attach your documents like address proof, caste certificate, etc.
- Proceed further by selecting four test centers of your choice.
- Now proceed to the payment section and online pay the registration fee.
- Get a print out of your pay slip and your registration form.
ADMIT CARD CAT 2017
After the successful submission of application of CAT 2017 form, candidates can simply avail the CAT 2017 Admit Card from the official web site. The news regarding admit card would soon be unleashed through admission notification.
CUT OFFS AND RESULT CAT 2017
After the CAT exam, the results would be declared in the form of cut off lists where the cut off marks are the maximum marks obtained by the students. For the process of admission, the cut off marks plays an important role in segregating the students based on their ranks.
Preparation Tips for CAT 2017
- Try to be less pleased and targeted.
- Stay self motivated.
- Try to be consistent in your learning method.
- Learn time management as per the difficulty level of the question papers.
- Take enough of your time to understand and analyze the question papers.