How to prepare yourself for the big day
Taking admission in college is one of the important milestones for giving direction to your future. While your past academics and scores play an important role when you apply for college, other factors also play an important role like in your Admission Application. Admission officials do not know you personally, they only have your application through which they try to know you so that they can shortlist you for the further round of admission. Though every college/university has its own rules and requirements for admission there are still few points that you need to remember while taking admission such as:
- Do not show casual attitude-Always show genuine interest in the university and course
- Never give wrong information to educational institution
- Never quote your favorite movie line in your application form
- Your statement should be well-written and avoid spelling and grammatical error in your application
- Write admission application in a way that it stands out from rest by personalizing a bit as it is the mirror of any student. Every year admission department look for some different application during the procedure, but do not over exaggerate your accomplishments in the application to impress admission department.
- Get a detail information regarding fees and its structure, job placement information, the curriculum of the subject that you are taking, eligibility criteria, etc.
- In the case of education loan, get detailed information.
- Take a tour of your college campus before taking admission to get an idea of the environment, students and teachers.
- Talk to professionals in the same field to learn more about the career and program.
- Do not wait till the last date of admission.
- Do not be careless while filling your application form.
- Do not miss college fairs as it helps to learn more about the colleges.
- Do not forget to take advice from family and career guidance counselor.
- Do not miss to read application instruction carefully.
- Deep research about the college is advised like entrance requirement, fees, application due dates, etc.
- Do not panic if you have not scored well on the standardized exams instead, make a plan to take those test again with much better scores.
- Do not hesitate to ask questions from admission department or in taking help regarding the institution and its admission process.
- It is better to research and be prepared about the scholarship, grants, and loans in advance before filling college application.
- Never get a recommendation letter written from your family until unless it from instructors and counselors who have worked with you in terms of academics or extracurricular activities.
- Do not get pressurized or influenced by your family or relatives, but always welcome their suggestion.
- Do not apply in too many colleges as it will add on to your confusion.
- Prepare a list of your favorite college and then compare them according to your research and preferences.
- Avoid silly mistakes like typos, misspellings and grammatical error as admission department conclude it as your carelessness and casual attitude.
- Keep a track record of all the date and time related to admission.
- Do not give unnecessary information that will not help or support your application essay.
- Never start your application essay with I was bornÃ¢â‚¬Â¦. or my parents came fromÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ line.
- Gentle humor is ok but does not overdo it.
- Do not use too many jargons, so that readers feel like they are reading a dictionary.
- Brush your general knowledge and communication skills before going for the personal interview and group discussion round.
- Dress smartly and avoid too much make-up during the interview.
- Before leaving your house check all necessary documents required.
- Beware of the third party admission counselor.
- Do not rely on college ranking fully as sometimes the provided list is paid.
- Speak with college alumni and current students personally to get an overview of the college.
Get Updated Review ( Voice Based Alumni Feeback)
Check Review (Alumni Feedback) - Lovely Professional University - [LPU] – Click Here
Check Review (Alumni Feedback) - Amity University – Click Here
Check Review (Alumni Feedback) - Pacific University – Click Here
Check Review (Alumni Feedback) - SRM University Sonipat – Click Here
Check Review (Alumni Feedback) - Ansal University – Click Here
Most common interview questions you should be Prepared for the Admission:
- What is your greatest strength and weakness?
Answer tip: While giving out a list of your strengths it is advised to quote instances to make the interviewer understand how and why you consider it as your strength. Like for example if you say you have leadership qualities then share incidents and the result of it. Be honest when you are talking about your weakness and always try to show how you are taking steps in minimizing and overcoming that weakness.
- Who is your role model?
Answer tip: Be careful while choosing your role model as the interviewer is not interested in knowing how famous your role model is, instead they might be expecting an answer of how you are inspired and what you admire the most. Always be ready for follow-up questions related to your role model.
- Why do you want to attend this college and how can you contribute to the campus?
Answer tip: Research about the college before the interview round to give a better answer. You can talk about your extracurricular activities and achievements as the interviewer would like to know what made you choose their college.
- How you describe yourself?
Answer tip: By this question, they wants to see how well you can think and speak about yourself and what kind of personality you have.
- What plans you have after graduation/where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Answer tip: You can discuss how this course and college can help you to meet your goals. By this question, they want to learn about the important things of your life.
- They can even ask your opinion on a major current issue.
Answer top: Be up-to-date on news and current events to put your strong opinions on that issue.
In the end, do not stress yourself too much and also give some time to the things that you are passionate about like friends, hobby, etc.