Aaj se Dangal shuru
Well known as Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan is all set to release his new movie Dangal this Christmas month 2016 in Bollywood arena. Dangal is an upcoming 2016 Indian Hindi biographical sports film directed by Nitesh Tiwari where Mr. Khan is playing the role of Mahavir Singh Phogat. The movie revolves around the struggle faced by Mahavir and his daughters to achieve the glory at the Commonwealth Games in the face of societal oppression. He taught wrestling to his daughters Geeta, who is the 1st female wrestler of India to win at the 2010 Commonwealth Games and Babita Kumari, won the silver (51 KG).Sakshi Tanwar has portrayed the role of the wife of Mahavir, who equally supported him in achieving his dreams and goals.Fatima Sana Shaikh and Sanya Malhotra have played the role of Geeta and Babita Kumari respectively in the movie. His niece Vinesh Phogat is also Commonwealth Games gold medalist. He is a true inspiration for all the fathers of India, who not only helped his daughters in winning Olympics but also broke all the taboos of his village.The film will also focus on how he coached them personally against all odds ignoring people who made fun of him for preparing his daughters to become wrestlers.He is also globally recognized for his exceptional wrestling and coaching skills and was awarded with The Dronacharya Award by Wrestling Federation of India.
Who is Mahavir Singh Phogat? Real life hero and super dad
Mahavir Singh Phogat is an Indian Amateur wrestler and senior Olympic coach born in the Balali village of Bhiwani district, Haryana, India. Mahavir, a state champion wrestler left his job to coach his daughters to become world champion wrestlers. He battled with the society to spread a strong message of zero biasedness between sons and daughters. He raised, guided, coached and gave enough courage to his 5 daughters to achieve remarkable success in sports after the death of his wife and brother. Mahavir Singh Phogat was inspired by his coach/master Chandgi Ram, who was a legendary wrestler of India. Master Chandgi is also somewhat like Mahavir when in 1997 former began his struggle to introduce women wrestling in India.
In doing so Mahavir Singh Phogat and daughters faced lots of criticism but he was least bothered by that as he believed that if an Indian woman can become a Prime Minister then why not a wrestler. As a result of the extreme hard work and achievements of Phogat family, several girls from Balali and nearby villages in current scenario are turning to him for training leaving behind a thought of long-lasting gender biases of India that women cannot wrestle.
Sneak peak: Efforts made by Dangal cast
- The movie is based in Haryana, but most of the scenes are shot in different villages of Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Nitesh Tiwari, director of the Dangal movie was approached by the co-producer of Disney that is going to focus on a serious, sensitive and social issue about the discrimination of woman child in India.
- Kripa Shankar Bishnoi, Arjuna-awardee and a coach with the Indian women wrestling team has helped Aamir and theentire crew of Dangal to learn wrestling moves and psyche of a wrestler for the movie.
- For the upcoming movie Dangal, Aamir had gained 30 KG to weigh 90 KG for the portrayal of the aging Phogat (60 years) and also shed that extra pound later to play the younger version (20 years) with the help of Salman Khan personal trainer Rakesh.
- Rajkumar Rao and brother of Ayushman Khurana - Aparshakti Khurrana (debut) are also casted for the most awaited movie - Dangal of 2016.