Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women is a constituent college of University of Delhi. The college offers quality education in Electronics, Computer Science, Instrumentation, Biomedical Science and Food Technology. It is one of the preeminent women’s college in the city of Delhi.
• The 23 year old college is one of the leading institutes in India to pursue valuable education in various vocational disciplines.
• A distinguished faculty members of the college are perfect to guide students for their higher studies.
• The college offers only undergraduate courses.
• Every year around 650 students from all over the nation take admission.
• The college offers world first class infrastructure and a well-stocked library to help students to pursue their education in a most comfortable way.
The college is little different from other constituent colleges of Delhi University in their academics. The college has distinguished academic faculty with more than 23 members. '
It offers undergraduate courses in different vocational subjects namely –
• B.Sc (H) with major in Biomedical Science
• B.Tech Electronics
• B.Tech Instrumentation
• B.Tech Food Technology
• B.Tech Computer Science
A few names of departments are –
• Department of Electronics
• Department of Food Technology
• Department of Instrumentation
• Department of Computer Science
• Department of Biomedical Science
Facilities provided by the Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women are listed below –
The library in the college campus has collection of rare books for all the subjects. It is fully computerized and air-conditioned. It features –
• 15000 Books
• 43200 e-journals
• 11 Online Databases on Reference and Citation Sources
• 6 online Databases on Bibliographic Sources
• 2 online Databases on Citation Analysis Resources
• 8 online Databases on Financial and Statistical Sources
• Single databases on Doctoral Theses
• 5 online Databases on Full Text Sources
The library also has Computer Laboratory equipped with 80 computers and high-speed wire & wireless internet connection. There are three sections of e-Library. E-Libraries allow students and staffs to search the study information and other references.
The college provides hostel accommodation with proper security. Hostel rooms are well-furnished and spacious.
• Total number of rooms – 100
• Fee of hostel is around 60,000 (Fee is liable to change)
Placement Facility –
The college produced thousands of eminent personals since its establishment. The college has a fully-function placement facility and place their talented students in branded companies every year. A few names of TOP RECRUITERS are –
• BPL Electronics
• Nuclear Science Centre
• Ranbaxy Laboratories
• Escorts Heart Institute
• Hindustan Lever Limited
• National Heart Institute
KARVAAN is the annual Cultural Fest and it is celebrated in the month of February. During the fest varieties of entertainment programmes and competitive events are organize such as –
• Khana khazana
• Dj wara
For all courses - Rs. 9620/- per annum
* Fees are liable to change
Tags: Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce | Daulat Ram College | Delhi College of Arts and Commerce | Dyal Singh College | Gargi College | Lady Irwin College | Hans Raj College | Kalindi College | Kamala Nehru College | Keshav Mahavidyalaya