Hans Raj College is one largest privately owned college and a part of University of Delhi (DU), New Delhi that was founded in July 1948 by the D.A.V. College Managing Committee in the memory of Mahatama Hans Raj. It is the 2nd best college of DU that offers studies in Science, Liberal Arts, and Commerce.
It is located at the Mahatma Hans Raj Marg, Malkaganj in Kamla Nagar, Delhi. It is the 1st college of DU to hoist the National flag in the premises.
- Gaurav Aggrawal, Founder at MazaaAatiHai.com
- Rabindra Narayan, Director/President PTC NETWORK of TV Channels
- Partha Dasgupta, Frank Ramsey Professor of Economics, Cambridge University
- Lobsang Sangay, Kalon Tripa (Prime Minister), Tibetan Government-in-exile
- Jai Prakash Agarwal, member of Parliament, Chairman house committee, Lok Sabha party, Congress
- College library has 4 sections with rich collection of over 1, 35, 000 titles, 98 periodicals published in India as well as abroad, etc.
- Quality food in canteen with 150 seating capacity.
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
- Amphitheatre for various cultural competitions.
- Fully air-conditioned auditorium with 500 capacity.
- Chemistry, Physics, Electronics, Botany, and Zoology labs with latest equipments.
- Computer lab with 130 machines with latest software package.
- Seminar hall with 100 seating capacity.
- Yoga facility.
- Hostel facilities for 200 undergraduate male students.
- Wi-Fi facility.
- Medical facility with first aid and on-call doctor visit.
- Enabling unit to assit students with physical disabilities.
- Confluence: An annual fest organized by the Students Union.
- Cynosure: An annual Technical Festival hosted by Ordinateur, the Computer Science Society of Hans Raj College.
- Merit and need based scholarships upto 50%-100% concession on college fees.
- Scholarships by DAV, Single Girl Child policy, NCERT and FAEA.
- 2 scholarships of INR 5, 000 and INR 3, 000 are given to Enabling Unit on the basis of merit every year.
- Full fee waiver to differently-abled category students.
Top 10 Arts, Science and Commerce colleges in India
3rd and 7th among Commerce, Science and Arts Colleges in Delhi University Colleges
College Infrastructure and Facility