Pannalal Girdharlal Dayanand Anglo-Vedic (PGDAV) College is one of the premier & oldest constituent co-educational colleges of Delhi University. It was established by a leading business house of Delhi M/s Pannalal Girdharlal (Standard Wiring Systems Ltd, etc.) and DAV College Managing Society in 1957.
• It has 110 well qualified & experienced faculty members to educate around 2400 students at undergraduate to postgraduate level.
• It is most renowned for excellence not only in education but also in sports & other extra activities.
• The college is offering courses in disciplines like Computer science, Arts, Mathematical sciences & Commerce at undergraduate level & has 11 teaching departments.
• The college has all latest technology equipment’s & facilities like lift for disabled students, RO water system, a CCTV camera network & Wi-Fi connectivity.
• It has facilitated projectors in all lecture halls.
• The college has created new academic block with 15 lecture halls, 12 small halls for various activities like NSS, Examination, and Internal Assessment.
• Two well-maintained computer labs, a conference & seminar hall is present in the campus for hosting artistic, cultural & academic events.
• It has created well known personalities & takes great pride in listing them. Some of them are:
Kamal Sabri (musician)
Atul Wasan (sportspersons)
Amarjeet Chopra (current President, ICAI) and many more
• The college placement cell has been arranging internships & employment for all the students since its incorporation College has best and dedicated faculty for imparting education in all most all well known streams. It provide courses at graduate and undergraduate level. Some of the courses are:
To encourage potential writers in emerging their bookish talents & to give their thoughts, opinions and ideas on numerous issues of political, social & literary worth the institute brings out the magazine “ANKUR” annually. The magazine publishes poems, articles in at least three- four languages.
The college has both boys & girls army part of NCC which are amongst the superior in the university. It has 160 boy & 54 girl cadets comprising of students of both evening & morning batches. The cadets get training in army & other subjects like First Aid, Drill, Map Reading, Civil Defence, Signals, and Slithering. They vigorously participate in "Anterdhwani" organized by DU and CATC, ATC, PRD, TSC, RD, NIC camps structured by Indian Army all over India.
The NSS was created in1969 with a goal to “instill the social welfare views in the students & to offer services to the society without any bias.” The NSS plays a very important role in the social development & overcome the hidden aspect of the student’s personality. Since the establishment of the college, the NSS unit has been functioning with full enthusiasm & keenness.
A Student union is an organization of students. The purpose of union is to represent the students widely, to secure their interest & to get their protests addressed. This is the platform which effectually builds up the leadership quality in students. Every student of the college is a part of the Student Union. The Union arranges various activities including debates, lectures, sports & College Fest.
HYPERION- The Cultural Society
In addition to studies, Cultural activities are also very effectual for bringing out the hidden talent of youth in diverse field. The main objective of creating the society was to enhance the efficiency of students in the fields like fine arts, drama, fashion, music & designing.
A committee of students & faculty is instituted at the starting of academic year. Some of the societies under HYPERION:
• APHRODITE (The Fashion-cum-Designing society)
• BUZZER (The Quiz society)
• CHANAKYA (The Literary society):
• KAVYAMRIT (The Poetry society)
• GREY MATTER (The Debating society)
• PENCRAFT (The Creative Writing society)
Satark is the consumer club of College which was introduced in 2011. The main idea behind creating it was to increase social awareness among the people. The club is a member of Consumers International, London and CCC, New Delhi & is especially dedicated to the cause of consumer protection relating to high prices, adulteration, incorrect weights & measures.
The institute also has a PGDAV section of SPIC MACAY which organizes numerous cultural events to promote awareness of Indian Culture & Classical Music amongst the young minds. The programs make available an opportunity for the interaction with famous artists.
The college is distinguished for fostering sports talent. The sports students of college have been continually bringing glory not only to the college but for the country itself. It has created numerous sports persons in the field of cricket, athletics, badminton & football who have served to the nation.
To encourage the young youth to excel & participate in academic & extracurricular the college has introduced various rewards which are distributed annually.
Library is the integral & essential part of an educational institution. The institute has a very well maintained & impressive library with collection of more than 85,000 books, periodicals, journals & other reference material. It comprises total of:
• General Section Books: 85,000
• Text Books: 3031
• Student Aided fund Book (SAF): 10,937
• Core Journals: 29
• Bounded Journals: 4153
• Periodicals: 32
• Newspapers: 18
Other devices for Differently Abled Students (VI)
• ANGEL Daisy Reader: 10
• Plex Talk: 2
• MP3 Recorder: 10
• Jaws Software
• OCR Scanning and Reading Software
Tags: Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce | Daulat Ram College | Delhi College of Arts and Commerce | Dyal Singh College | Gargi College | Lady Irwin College | Hans Raj College | Kalindi College | Kamala Nehru College | Keshav Mahavidyalaya