A.Veeriya Vandayar Memorial Sri Pushpam College (AVVM Sri Pushpam College) is an autonomous aided, Arts & Science College established by Shri A. Veeriya Vandayar and his truthful brother Shri.A. Krishnasamy Vandayar in the year 1956 and renamed in 1972 as A.Veeriya Vandayar Memorial Sri Pushpam College.
- The college is NAAC Accredited ‘A’ Grade.
- The college is located in Poondi, Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu.
- The college is affiliated to Bharathidasan University.
- The College is situated in sprawling sylvan surroundings of 85 acres.
- It has 23 years of rich experience in the Autonomous set up.
- It has 18 full-fledged departments in traditional subjects like Mathematics, Physics, History, Economics etc., as well as in modern Subjects like Computer Science, Microbiology, Biotechnology and Business Administration.
- The college has been imparting our National language Hindi as an alternative language under part - I from 1977-78.
- The college has come up with an institute to provide technical education known as Shri Pushpam College of Technical Education
- The college has strong Alumni Association and quite a few of them occupy prominent positions in public life.
There is a lot of research activities going in AVVM Sri Pushpam College .Some of the Departments like Department of Tamil, History, Economics, English and Computer Science encourage Research Activities which are funded by UGC.
- Graduation Day for Boys and Girls
- College Day Celebration
- Founder’s Commemoration Day
- Red Cross Society Program
- All Association Inauguration Day
- Annual Sports Meet
- NSS Program
- Pushpamala – An Inter Collegiate Cultural Fiesta
Hostel: The institute has well-maintained hostel for both boys and girls separately with facilities of spacious and hygienic rooms for the stay of 800 boys and 300 girls.
Library: College Library has total area of service 12804 sq.mts with a huge collection of books and journals.
Collection consists of:
- Books – 87035
- Back Volumes – 4327
- Thesis – 197
- e-books – 90,000, e-journals – 3000 (through UGC – inflibnet facility )
- Microfiche items
Tools for access of collection:
- Auto lib-for OPAC
- Electronic Resource Management Package for e-journals
- Touch Screen Facility
IT Infrastructure: The number of systems for:
|Computer Science students
|Non – Computer Science Students
|Controller of Examinations Office
The annual grand day celebration: It is organized by the college every year and has been under guidance of both the faculty members and student.
- Srimathi V. Sethukkannammal Trust Scholarship for management
- Rao Bahadur A. Veeriya Vandayar Educational Trust Scholarship for management
- Disctrict Backward Class Scholarship
- District Harijan Welfare Scholarship
- National Loan Scholarship
- National Scholarship Scheme (Merit)
- Directorate of Collegiate Education Scholarship
- Scholarship for differently-abled students
- Scholarship for the children of freedom fighters
- Military concession
- Scholarship from Sultan Chand & Sons Charities, New Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Scheme for SC students offered by the UGC
Tags:Bhuwaneshwari Dayal College - [BDC] | BJ Vanijya Mahavidyalaya | BLDEA
College Infrastructure and Facility