Haldia Institute of Technology is the 1st privately initiated engineering institute of West Bengal that is a part of ICARE, Haldia and was established in 1996. It is affiliated with the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology and approved by AICTE, New Delhi. It is also accredited by NBA and NAAC and is ISO 9001:2000 and 14001:2004 certified institutions.
The campus of the college is located on 50 acres of I.C.A.R.E Complex, H.I.T Campus, Hatiberia, Midnapore(E), West Bengal, India.
- Central library called Aryabhatta has about 11, 492 titles, 82, 391 volumes, 9 newspapers, 26 magazines, and 193 national journals.
- Departmental computing facilities.
- Wi-Fi campus.
- 2 playgrounds with indoor sports facility.
- Medical facility with 24x7 ambulance facility.
- Bank and ATM.
- Separate Hostel facility for boys (11) and girls (3).
- Guest House facility within the Campus.
- Anti-ragging and grievance cell.
- International Conference on Mathematics & Computing
- National Seminar on Advanced Functional Materials, Technology & Its Social Implications
- Literacy activities under NSS (National Service Scheme)
- Professional activities- Seminar, Workshop, Invited lecture, Short term course, Plant visit, Quiz, Debate, and Journal Publication etc.
- RIVIERA: Annual cultural fest.
- Prayukti: Annual tech-fest.
Campus recruitment for year 2016:
- Tech Mahindra
- Huawei technology
- Ericsson Global
- Birla Soft
- Johnson and Control
- SHV Energy
Tags: Kongu Engineering College - [KEC] | Heritage Institute of Technology - [HIT] | GL Bajaj Institute of Technology and Management - [GLBITM]
College Infrastructure and Facility