Amrita University or Amrita Institute of Technology (AIT) beginning can be traced on 1994 when a School of Engineering was started in an obscure village named Ettimadai, at the foothills of Bouluvanpatty ranges of Western Ghats in the Coimbatore district, Tamil Nadu.
- Today, AIT has a student population of over 12,000 and faculty strength of nearly 1500. Over 120 UG, PG and doctoral programs are offered.
- AIT is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) constituted by AICTE, Government of India.
- Amrita University is accredited with the highest grade of 'A' by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- A review report of the Ministry of Human Resources Development listed Amrita in the top category of all Indian universities.
- Amrita university was established in January 2003, it was the youngest group of institutions to be conferred this status.
- The campus has nearly 3500 students and about 600 faculty and staff members.
- 2014 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC)
- International Conference on Security of Internet of things
- Nanobio & Nanosolar Conference 2012
- IEEE International Conference on Technology Enhanced
- International Conference on wireless Technologies
Research Projects (Engineering):
- Research centers include AMBE, CEN, CES and Cyber security.
- Development of Methodologies for detection of Digital contents Plagiarism
- Error Linear Complexity for Multisequences
- Design of Low Weight Shaped Beam Reflector Anteena with integral IFF and SLB Anteena
- Fetal Heart 2014
- 6th IEEE International Conferences on Technology for Education
- Hands on workshop on Android Security
- National Symposium on Green Electronics
- National Workshop on Electronic System Level Design and Verification
Extra- Curricular Activities: Extracurricular activities are encouraged with students like astronomy, dance, culture, environment, literature, music, photograph and science.
- Walker's Club- to give general health awareness for the students and staff community.
- Fitness Club- to give all the practical and professional guidelines for fitness training to the students.
- Sports Club- to conduct the entertainment and non-competitive sports for the students and staff.
Infrastructure: The Amrita School of Engineering (ASE) is a part of Amrita University located on a 420 acres (1.7 km square) campus at the foot hills of the Western Ghats.
Tags: Vagdevi School and College of Nursing | Banwarilal Bhalotia College | ACS College of Engineering | AMC Engineering College | Achutha Institute of Technology | Atria Institute of Technology | Alpha College of Engineering | Amrita Institute of Technology and Science | Amruta Institute of Engineering and Management Sciences | BES Institute of Technology
College Infrastructure and Facility