Located at Velachery Road, Chennai, Guru Nanak College (GNC) was founded in 1971.It was established to mark the 500th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev, the founder of Sikh religion. . It is a minority community co-ed college with the sole objective of spreading the ideals of universal brotherhood, communal harmony, oneness of God and welfare to all communities
• The college is sprawled out over an area of 22 acre campus granted by the government of Tamil Nadu for the development of an Arts & Science College.
• It is one of the best colleges of Science and Arts in Southern India and also in the whole country. It has also been accredited with a ‘A’ certificate by NAAC
• The college has a vibrant campus equipped with numerous facilities, viz., library, laboratories, sports infrastructure, playgrounds, seminar rooms etc.
• The college aims to develop world class professionals, updated with the latest trends and cutting- edge technology, trained by a group of well- trained and educated faculty of repute. Curriculum with ethical values and social commitments are a vital part of the teaching – learning process at Guru Nanak College.
The following degree courses are offered at this college-
• B.Sc. in Physics
• B.Sc. in Chemistry
• B.A. in Corporate Secretary-ship
• B.A. in Defense & Strategic Studied
• B.B.A. Business Administration
• B.C.A. Computer Application
• B.Com. (Regular)
• B.Com. in Corporate Secretary-ship
The college is offering Post Graduate & Research Programmes too.
• National Service scheme is a community service programme sponsored by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Under this scheme, the role of students is limited as activists, enablers, catalytic agents or liaison with wider communities and as programme aids.
• Guru Nanak College has four units of NSS which have been working for the welfare and benefit of the local masses by organizing Blood Donation Camps, programme for betterment of environments for the slum dwellers, conduct of adult and health education programmes
• National Cadet Corps as a premier youth organization for school and college students that has been serving the cause of developing the qualities of character, discipline, leadership, secular outlook and ideals of selfless service in the youth of this country
• The GNC NCC has two wings-
ROTARY CLUB (RC GNC):
• Guru Nanak College has a rotary club which focuses on the development of young adults as leaders in their communities and workplaces.
• Interested students can join the club with an annual membership fee
YOUTH RED CROSS (YRC):
• The Youth Red Cross Unit is yet another social service avenue in the college aimed to create awareness on the care of the students’ own health and of others
FINE ARTS ASSOCIATION (FAA):
• The Fine Arts Association organizes cultural events in the college. Interested students with talent in cultural activities join the club
WOMEN STUDENTS FORUM (WSF):
• The Women Students Forum (WSF) aims to organize the female students to participate in various programmes oriented to promote their skill, art, and talents.
ENVIRO CLUB (EC):
• The ENVIRO club works together to take up tasks related to environment protection by indulging in various plantation drives, cleanliness drives etc.