DG Vaishnav College (Dwaraka Doss Goverdhan Doss Vaishnav College), commonly known as DGV, is a Liberal arts, commerce and science college in Chennai, India.
• It is an autonomous institution affiliated with the University of Madras.
• It was founded in the year 1964. The keystone for the building was laid by His Holiness 108 Goswami Shri Maharajshri Mathureshwarji on 13th November 1963 at “Gokul Bagh”.
Dwaraka Doss Goverdhan Doss Vaishnav College is located within the city limits. The Campus is spread across 25 acres of land and the spacious and green provides an ambience conducive for higher learning. The shrines of Goddess Vidya Lakshmi, Lord Vidya Ganapathy and Goddess Saraswathi, spread an aura of the rich heritage. Lord Krishna, the presiding deity of the College, enshrined in the campus is enthroned in their minds and hearts.
The college offers various Courses at both Under Graduate and Post Graduate Levels. The college also offers Research for very selective streams. Dwaraka Doss Goverdhan Doss Vaishnav College has been conferred the status of “AUTONOMY” by the UGC and endorsed by the University of Madras from the academic year 2009 - 2010. Consequently students admitted to various UG, PG and M.Phil courses during the academic year 2009 - 2010 will come under Autonomous pattern. The College now has 7 UG and 6 PG (Aided), 12 UG and 11 PG (Self-Supporting) programmes. Research Programmes such as M.Phil, (Commerce, Economics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and Ph.D. (Commerce, Economics, Chemistry and Computers) has become part of the academic curriculum. The School of Management was incepted during the year 1995 by the college as an independent professional body. The courses offered by the college-
• Computer Science
• Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
• Farm Fest
• Quest Economics
• Decorum 360°
• Muthamizh Vizha
• Expressions and Impressions
• Web State level Inter Collegiate Programme
The facilities offered by the university include Hostel, Health Care, Library, Guest House and several others.
Hostel – The University offers accommodation/hostel facility to most of its students.
• Seth Purushotham Doss Gokul Doss Hostel started functioning in 1965.
• It is an extended home, which nurtures the spirit of academic excellence.
• A recreation Hall with facility for playing indoor games ensures their physical and psychological well being. It helps them emerge as men with both professional expertise and humane understanding.
• At present 150 students are given accommodation with a mess providing pure vegetarian wholesome food.
The college has a well stocked library with all the latest and advanced technological support system.
• Housed in a three storied building with ample space, airy and well lit interiors, it has a valuable collection of over 57,000 books and numerous journals which are easily accessible.
• The Reading room and the reference hall provide a congenial atmosphere for learning and research.
• Post graduate and Research departments have their own departmental libraries.
Some other facilities include sports, Placement Cell, etc.
• Shri. Purushotham Doss Gocoola Doss Gold Medal
• Adhyapaka Ratna Shri Totadri Iyengar Gold Medal
• Smt. Kola Saraswathi Amma Gold Medal
• Shri. R. Ramanamurthy Memorial Gold Medal
• Shri. R. Ramachandruni Sitaram And R. Rajam Gold Medal
• Shri. Vallabhacharya Gold Medal
• Shri. Nanabhai J. Desai Gold Medal
• Justice Padmini Jesudurai Gold Medal
• Shri. S. Balkishan Kothari Endowment Gold Medal
• Smt. Chandravalli Bai Purushotham Doss Gold Medal
• M/S. Rajasthan Youth Association Endowment Gold Medal
• Shri. Mohanlal J. Mehta Gold Medal
• M/S. Purushotham Doss Gocoola Doss Centenary Trust Gold Medal
• M/S. Champalal & Company Gold Medal
• M/s. N.T.Patel and company Scholarships
• Seth Bapudas Darbar & Sons Endowment Scholarships
• Gandhi Centenary Fund Scholarships
• Sakala Vidya Vachaspati S.R.Govinda Rajan Shastiabdhapoorthi Commemoration Scholarship
• Rotary Club of Madras West scholarship
• Shri K.R .Srinivasan and Smt. Radha Srinivasan Shashtiabdhapoorthi Scholarship Fund
• Shri Brij Mohan Mohunta Memorial Scholarships
• Smt Vummidi Lakshmikantamma Endowment
• Shri Ravindra Mulraj Endowment
• LEO CLUB OF MADRAS ENDOWMENT
• Shri Shivaratan Davey Endowment
• Professor T.K. Parthasarthy Endowment Scholarship
• Metropolitan Tamil Sangam (U.S.A) Endowment
• Sudhanwa Endowment Scholarship
• Shri P. Soundarajan Memorial Scholarship
• Shri Vupputur Anandakrishna Chetty Silver Jubilee En-dowment
• Shri Sultan Chand Memorial Scholarship
• Engineering employees Welfare Trust Endowment Scholarships Fund
|Course||Avg. Annual Fees||Rating||No. of Seats|
|Bachelor of Arts [BA]||--||--||--|
|Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA]||--||--||--|
|Bachelor of Commerce [BCom]||--||5.8 Out Of 10||--|
|Bachelor of Computer Application [BCA]||--||6 Out Of 10||--|
|Bachelor of Mass Media [BMM]||--||--||--|
|Bachelor of Science [BSc]||--||--||--|
|Doctor of Philosophy [PhD] in Commerce||--||5.8 Out Of 10||--|
|Doctor of Philosophy [PhD] in Science||--||--||--|
|Doctor of Philosophy [PhD] in Arts||--||--||--|
|Master of Arts [MA]||--||--||--|
|Master of Business Administration [MBA]||--||--||--|
|Master of Commerce [MCom]||--||5.8 Out Of 10||--|
|Master of Computer Application [MCA]||--||6 Out Of 10||--|
|Master of Science [MSc]||--||--||--|