Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women (SPM) – a constituent college of Delhi University. It was founded in 1969 in the memory of Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherji. The college is governed by the University Grant Commission (UGC), Delhi Administration and University of Delhi.
• The college provides an excellent opportunity and also committed to prepare young girls with meaningful education to face the challenges of today’s competitive world.
• The renowned college has enrolled almost 2700 students in different courses.
• SPM offers several Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Professional courses.
• The college provides special take care for visually disabled students. Special infrastructure are provided to those students like ramp, wheel chairs and special pavements for their movement within college campus.
• State-of-the-art facilities provided by the college are computerized Library, Auditorium, Seminar Hall, fully furnished 30 Classrooms, well equipped Food & Technology Laboratory, Gymnasium, Psychology lab and Audio-Visual room.
• SPM also features FAMILY COUNSELLING CENTER for students. It was launched by the SOCIAL WELFARE BOARD, DELHI.
The college has a strong faculty members who are quite enough to deliver exceptional education to its students. SPM offers various courses in undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The college also offers professional course namely B.Ed.
Undergraduate courses are offered in following subjects –
Postgraduate courses in –
• Political Science
There are also four different study centers namely –
• Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
• Buddhist Study Center
• Gurunanak Study Center
• Gandian Study Center
The college also provides courses for School of Open Learning, University of Delhi.
The college has numbers of societies that organize several co-curricular and extra-curricular activities periodically. It helps students to show their creative skills, personality and hidden talents.
• Hindi and English Dramatic Society organizes many entertainment programmes & events like Dance, Music and Drama.
• Debate Competitions are organize by the Hindi and English Debate Society.
The college offers world premier class infrastructure and facilities. List of facility includes –
State-of-the-art Library –
The college has a two floor fully stocked library. The reading room is fully computerized and centrally air-conditioned. The library provides BOOK BANK facility to financially weaker students. It has collection of –
• More than 67,668 Books
• Over 85 periodicals
Computer Center –
The computer center of college is equipped with around 25 Computers and all are connected with super-fast internet connection. It helps students, teaching staffs and non-teaching staffs in their academic activities.
The college has fully air-conditioned spacious auditorium with seating capacity 2010. The Rajiv Gandhi Auditorium is an ideal venue to carry out seminars, conferences and other functions. The auditorium is equipped with all latest amenities such as speakers, microphones and proper lighting system.
Other facilities include hygienic canteen, bank and audio-visual room.
SRIJAN is the annual cultural fest celebrated by students and staffs of the college with great fun and entertainment.
Memorial Award and Scholarships are given to meritorious students. A few names of scholarships are listed below –
• Hari Kishan-Sushila Kapoor Merit Cash Award
• Soya Bose Memorial Award
• K.L.Goomer Memorial Award
• Mrs. Harbans Kaur Memorial Award
• Engneer Mukesh Kumar Memorial Award
• Best Sports Woman Trophy
Tags: Shivaji College | College of Vocational Studies | Shyam Lal College - [Evening] | Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College | Sivananda Yoga Vedanta | Sri Aurbindo College | Sri Aurobindo College Evening | Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College | Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College | Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College - [SGTB]