Deshbandhu University (Evening), presently known as Ramanujan College was developed in 1958 by the Ministry of Rehabilitation, Federal government of India, in the memory of Late. Lala Deshbandhu Gupta, a patriot who had actually devoted his life to the nationwide liberty battle.
• Initially run by the Ministry of Rehabilitation and Education as boy’s University & in 1994, it opened its doors to ladies students as well.
• The college has actually begun in July 2010 after taking control of the possessions, liabilities and staff members of erstwhile & from than onwards, completely governed by the UGC.
• The Campus is stretched out in an area of 7 acres in Kalkaji, New Delhi.
• Ramanujan College is imparting degree courses in Commerce & Humanities. It has been counted among the top three colleges for providing Commerce education in Delhi University.
• It has very dedicated & highly qualified faculty many of whom have published their academic work in national & international journals.
• Well maintained library with a large collection of around 45,000 books along with well-equipped computer lab.
• The college offers countless scholarships to the meritorious students for appreciating their work. Fee concessions are also provided to the needy & deserving students.
• Apart from studies, sports facility is also available for refreshment of students from academic pressure.
• The placement cell facilitates placement assistance & career guidance to last year students. It lays emphasis on improving the employable potential of students through programmes for Interpersonal Communication, Personality Development and Resume writing.
• Some of the reputed campus recruiters are:
It offers degree courses in Commerce & Humanities. The college has been acknowledged as the “Centre of Excellence” for Commerce education among all the colleges of country.
For imparting quality education, the college has diverse department. Few of them are:
• Department of Mathematics
• Department of Commerce
• Department of English
• Department of Hindi
• Department of Economics
The college campus is a dynamic hub of both co-curricular as well as academic activities which are intended to foster the overall development of the students. Except festival-Josh-the college hosts many other cultural events like
• Drama event
• Music competition
The College Library has an impressive collection of books of all compulsory subjects like management, commerce language, economics, literature, political science, mathematics, computer science, statistics& psychological science. Total collection is:
• More than 52,000
• 25 journals/magazines
• 11 newspapers in English& Hindi
The infrastructure of library enables easy access to the Web-based Electronic resources of the Delhi University Library System (DULS).
The college shows great enthusiasm in promoting the youth talent & indulges them in various extracurricular activities which are organized throughout the academic year. Some of the sports activities are:
• Weightlifting & power lifting
• Body building.
The Annual Atheletic Meet is organized in February. Indoor games like table tennis, badminton, chess and carrom are also encouraged.
• Theatre group
• Independent Musical & Dance Society
• Glam Fashion Society
• Eco Club
• English Literary Society
• Sanskriti-The History Society
• Pehal-The Social Initiative
For undergraduate courses- Rs.9340( approx.)
Meritorious students can compete for the following scholarships:
• Shri Baldev Krishan Shastri Scholarship.
This is awarded to the student who secures the highest marks in the first or second year B.A. (Hons)-Hindi examination.
• Sh. N. K. Mansukhani Memorial Scholarship
This is awarded to the student who secures the highest marks in the first or second year B.A. (Hons) – Pol. Science examination.
• Teacher’s Memorial Scholarship.
This is awarded to the student who secures the highest marks in the first or second year B.A. (Hons) – English examination.
• Shri Sudesh Kumar Sharma Scholarship
This is awarded to the student who secures the highest marks in the first or second year B.A. (Programme) examination.
• P.K.Grover Memorial Scholarship:
This is awarded to the student who secures the highest marks in the first year B.Com (Hons.) examination.