Agurchand Manmull Jain College (AM Jain) was established by Padmasri Mohanmulji Chordia through the Sri.S.S.Jain Educational Society in the year 1952. The College which started as a college for men was upgraded into a Co-educational institution in 2004.
- This college is affiliated with Madras University.In the year 2006-2007 the college was accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), India.
- The college provides courses in the arts, sciences and information technology along with visual communication courses.
- Today it is a frontline top ranking Research and Post Graduate institution. There are three Research Departments –Physics, Mathematics, and Economics.
- The college has two libraries, one for each of the sections.
- The college is located in Meenambakkam in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, managed by the Jain Community Associations.
- The college's campus is located opposite the Meenambakkam Railway Station.
Activities & Clubs:
- Rotaract Club
- Youth Red Cross
- The college Youth Red Cross unit, along with NCC and NSS, conducted a two-day programme at Nandimangalam Guduvancherry on 17th-18th September 2011. They cleaned the primary Health centre, conducted rallies and planted trees.
- It conducted AIDS awareness programme within college campus on 1st December 2011.
- It conducted a blood donation camp along with NSS on 9th February 2012 and donated nearly 300 units of blood to government hospitals.
- Tamil Manram
- Hindi Parishad
- Corporate Secretary ship Association
- Philosophy Association
- Planning Forum
- Environment Association
- Infrastructure: Campus area is more than 40 acres.
- Classrooms: In building there are more than 100 rooms with well-equipped computer center with 300 terminals, a Microprocessor and a Digital lab.
- Seminar Hall: A Seminar hall which can accommodate nearly 250 persons and Shri Mahaveer Gyan Bhavan has a spacious prayer hall which can accommodate nearly 1000 students.
- CCTV cameras monitors the whole campus
- Indian Bank Extension Counter of the Nanganallur Branch.
- The college has a 140 room hostel building.
Festivals: Annual day celebrations & sports meet are the big festivals. A professional sports field holds division matches from time to time. Other national holidays are celebrated.
- The college cricket team has secured the place "runners up" in the "Mohan Mullji Chordio Gold cup 20twenty cricket tournament
- Guru Prasad, Vinith Kumar and Sabarish were a part of the College under 19 cricket team which finished as “runner up”.
- Merit scholarship: Students who have secured 90% and above in their XII Std board examination are eligible for 25% fee concession irrespective of the course they join.
- Jain minority scholarship: All students belonging to the Jain Community will be given 25% fee concession irrespective of the course they join.
- National Merit Scholarships & National Loan Scholarships for students whose parent’s annual income does not exceed Rs.50, 000/-
- Scholarships for Physically Challenged
- Backward class Scholarships.
Tags:Shushruti Institute of Management Studies - [SIMS] | Nilkanthrao Shinde Science and Arts College - [NSSAC] | International School of Business and Research - [ISBR] | Guru Shree Shanti Vijai Jain College for Women | Silver Oak College of Engineering and Technology - [SOCET] | SAL Institute of Technology and Engineering
College Infrastructure and Facility