As a policy of the Rayat Shikshan Sanstha Satara, to provide educational opportunities, to the downtrodden, lower classes: “Education at their doors” has started the Arts, Science and Commerce College, Mokhada in June 1984. Almost more than 25 years the Sanstha serving here in higher Education. An art, Science and Commerce College, Thane, has been working with the same mission. It is situated in remote hilly area and the facilitators are mostly SC/ST. The population of the taluka. (As per the data available on Government’s Thane district web site) as per 2001 census is as given below.
- Rayat Shikshan Sanstha’s Arts, Science and Commerce College, Mokhada was established to quench the thrust of knowledge of higher education of tribal and hilly Adivasi people who were remote from developed area. The college is a leading educational institute in Mokhada taluka. It is great privilege that our college provide higher education to downtrodden, hilly and tribal Adivasi community and around Mokhada.
- Rayat Shikshan Sanstha is leading educational institute in Maharashtra and well known for to provide education for deprived and downtrodden class of society. Arts, Science and Commerce College works on similar principle since the opening. In accordance with its vision, mission and objectives the college take hard efforts to provide higher education for the upliftment of tribal and hilly learners and make them competent in this global scenario. So far, the college enriches the knowledge and skills of tribal and hilly Adivasi community through value based and contemporary higher education.
- The college planned all programme systematically and by schedule. The process of admission is transparent as per the guideline of the University of Mumbai and the State govt. It is open to all irrespective of caste, creed and gender. The College commenced B.com. - Commerce, B.A. History, Economics, Psychology and Marathi.
- The Computer satellite center is being started in collaboration with success computer centre. The college has designed the website to disseminate the information to the Students, Parents, Stakeholders and Alumni for better communication and suggestion. The Teaching learning process is based on lecture method along with the modern technology. The teaching learning method is emphasized on active participation of students along with audio visual aids and library resources. Teaching schedule is planned, based on lecture notes, and planning. The evaluation of the students is done throughout the academic tests, tutorial, classroom seminars, and term end examination. The college schedules the expert lectures for the students in the academic year.
- The college is well in infrastructure. The college has computerized office, computerized library, examination office, computer satellite centre, placement cell, separate departments for every Head are provided, separate library, Reading halls, Principal cabin, Specious ground for sports. Principal Bungalow and Staff Quarters for the faculty are provided.
- The extension activities are well planed through effective social activities in society such as N.S.S., Gymkhana, Co-op with NGO’S, and private institution. The College made awareness among the Adivasi community regarding health and hygiene, cleanliness, social justice and moral values in various programmes of N.S.S.
- The College supported with supportive management system for the betterment of the institute. The management committee of Rayat Shikshan Sanstha guides to L.M.C., steering committee of college and the Principal of the college
- The College support to the faculty and students for research work. The 05 faculties are engaged in Ph.D.,01 in M. Phil, 04 completed M. Phil, 01 completed research project, 01 Ongoing research Project.
The main objectives of this college are:-
- To provide higher educational opportunities, to the tribal, lower classes through the policy education at their doors
- To generate academically, physically, spiritually and sound motivated graduates with awareness of importance of national integration and social responsibilities.
- To develop the overall personality of the student.
- To impart education through self-help and dignity of labor.
- To promote a healthy atmosphere, corporate life and welfare of the students, teaching and non teaching staff.
Maximum faculty members are actively engaged in research activities through research projects, paper presentation, and participation in seminars, workshop and conferences. The college has successfully arranged workshop of Economics, History, Psychology, and Commerce Departments. Students are also engaged in research activities. The special attention is given to maintained result better than University result. It is really gives us a great sense of satisfaction that we provide stream of knowledge to the remote, hilly and tribal Adivasi community people and It is our light efforts to tune with NAAC’s expectation and core values
- The library has precious collection of 11,117 books, 20 periodicals and Journals.
- The library has open access system and separate reading hall for students, faculties and Alumni.
College Infrastructure and Facility