Velammal Engineering College is a privately owned 1st engineering college to get ISO 9001:2000 certificate from the National Board of Accreditation. It was established by the Velammal Educational Trust in 1995 with 13 faculty members and 183 students. This self-financed institution is affiliated to Anna University with approval by AICTE. It is also accredited as A Grade institution by NAAC.
The campus of the college is spread over an area of 37 acres in Velammal Nagar, Ambattur-Red Hills Road, Chennai.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- TIFAC-CORE in Pervasive Computing
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Humanities and Science
- Automobile Engineering
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Library has more than 70, 232 volumes of books, 208 national and international journals, 8, 954 online journals, educational audio-video cassettes, etc.
- Air-conditioned Ramanujan hall with 500 seating capacity.
- Training center with 500 seating capacity.
- Multipurpose indoor stadium for various sports like Basket ball, Table tennis, Chess, etc.
- Hostel facility for 300 boys and 100 girls.
- Digital library.
- Transport facility.
- Free healthcare center.
- Student counseling service.
No. of Companies visited us for hiring:
- Cash awards and Medals for University Rank holders.
- Cash awards for each semester toppers.
- Equal Prize Money to the winners in inter-collegiate competitions.
- Reimbursement of expenses for skill up gradation by faculty members.
College Infrastructure and Facility