B.B.K College was established in 1978 at Nagaon. This institution was established with the aim to cover the entire region with the quality education. Along with traditional courses of formal education system, the college has also introduced various Information Technology (IT) courses for the benefit of the students. The dedication of this institution towards quality education for higher education has demonstrated splendid and sizeable outcome.
The college has now created a paradigm of success in the intellectual and social ambience which was the dream of founding fathers. The college will stick to its avowed aim of leading the society and making students socially conscious, integrated and skilled human beings with an understanding of the worth of human values so that they do not degenerate into knowledge machines. We are sincerely soliciting co-operation from all sides to achieve our goal.
- Hostel Facility : The College facilitates their students with the of cost effective separate state of the art hostels. The seats are allotted strictly on merit basis. Some seats are reserved for remote area commuters and SC/ST/OBC students.
- Xerox facility is available inside the college campus. Every student can avail this facility by paying the charge fixed by the administration that is Re.1 per copy.
- Various departments organizes Educational Tours. To promote global and comprehensive understanding of educational scenario, Special Educational Tours are organized by the college under the State Government Scheme.
- Remedial and Special classes are regularly conducted for the benefit of students community.
- There is a Students Aid Fund of the college for providing financial assistance to the students coming from weaker section of the society. Financial assistance is provided only after proper verification of the student.
The college gives an oppourtunity to their students for enhancing their skills by making them the member of the College Students’ Union. The Students’ Union co-ordinates in the participation of the students in co-curricular activities. The Students Union publishes annually “Baosian” – the college magazine to promote literaty and creative activity among students.
The various associations of the college are :
- B.B.K.C. English Literary Forum
- B.B.K.C. Science Society
- B.B.K.C. Economic Association
- Dr. Banikanta Kakati Memorial Lecture Forum
- B.B.K.C. Siksha Samaj
- B.B.K.C. History Seminar
- B.B.K.C. Mathematical Academy
- B.B.K.C. Research Forum
The college provides a few categories of scholarships. Generally following scholarships are available to the meritorious students :
Rs. 60 per month.
Rs. 100 per month.
State Merit Scholarship
Rs. 110 per month.
Rs. 110 per month.
Other Govt. Scholarship
- SC/ST/MOBC Scholarship.
- Minority Student Scholarship.
- Hindi Scholarships for students having Hindi in HS or Degree.
Stipened exclusively from the college :
- Stipened to BPL students belonging to SC/ST/Minority.
- Stipened to students from remote areas.
- Special Incentive award to student securing 80% and above in college internal exam.
College Awards :
- Students' Union Award is given to the student of the college who secures highest marks with 1st division inn HS Final Examination and who secures 60% marks in Major subject in degree final examination.
- Incentives Award is given to those students who secure Highest Marks in the unit test of respective classes.
- To promote reading habit among students, Best Reader Award is given to the student who spends maximum awards in the central library for reading.
- Highest Attendance Award is for that stdent who has highest attendance record in a session.
- Sikshak Sanchay Sahayika (SSS) Award is given to the student of the college who secures highest marks with 1st division in HS final examination and student with 1st class who secures highest marks amongst all the Major subject in Degree Final (Arts / Science) Examination.
College Infrastructure and Facility