Army Institute of Management is a privately owned graduate business school that was established in July 1997 by the Indian Army. Formerly known as the National Institute of Management Calcutta, is one of the premier management Indian institute that is recognized internationally and was established under the aegis of Army Welfare Eduction Society, New Delhi. It is NAAC accredited and ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institute. It is also affiliated to Army Bengal Unversity of Technology.
The eco-friendly campus of the college is spread over an area of 9 acres land at Alipore , Kolkata. AIMS has also signed MOUs with Command Military Dental Centre (Eastern Command), Project UDAAN, iSolution Software Systems Pvt. Ltd., IIT Kharagpur Alumni Association, Kolkata and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. It has over 1, 400 alumnus around the world.
- Air-conditioned library with approximate capacity of 60 students. It has over 12, 300 books with reference materials on Marketing, Finance, Systems, Human Resources, Operations, Economics, Quantitative Techniques, Social Sciences, Business Law, etc. fields.
- Air-conditioned computer labs with Wi-Fi and 16 MBPS LAN connectivity.
- Lecture halls equipped with LCD projectors, sound systems, and other latest equipments.
- Hygienic and tasty food in student mess.
- Separate common rooms equipped with television for boys and girls.
- Tie-ups with various hospitals for medical facilities for students.
- Fully residential and well-furnished separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- 2 separate gym facility for boys and girls.
- Cafeteria that operate till late night.
Achievements and awards:
- For excellence in Education, leadership, and teaching it was awarded World Education Congress Global Award in 2016.
- Indus Foundation Inc. awarded for Educational Excellence.
- DNA and Stars of Industry Group awarded AIMS with Education Leadership Award.
- In 2014, Golden Peacock National Training Award (GPNTA) for excellence in training and management system.
- Recently in 2016 it received World Education Congress Global Award for best academic & industry interface.
Reasons to Join Army Institute of Management (AIMK) Kolkata:
- Acclamation: A++ category business school of the country.
- Faculty: Excellent academic records with industrial experience and experienced visiting faculty from renowned institute worldwide.
- Placement: AIMK provides one of the best placement in the industry.
- Scholarships: Merit-cum-need basis scholarship to students TATA Merit Scholarships, Army Commander’s Scholarships, DLF Raghuvendra Scholarships, and AGIF Scholarships.