Established in August 1922, Rizvi College of Architecture is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and is recognized by the AICTE. Dr Akhtar Hassan Rizvi, a well-known builder & developer, founded the college with his unique dream of establishing a wide network of educational institution that would become a modern university in future.
- The college offers AICTE approved five year degree course in architecture and follows the syllabus of Mumbai University while giving instructions to its students.
- It has an intake capacity of 40 students as per academic year.
- The ratio of students and teaching staff is 1:10 which is the standard set up by the AICTE.
- Its architect degree course program is a combination of classroom studies and extracurricular activities that enable its students to get holistic knowledge and develop creative skills.
- The academic calendar of this college includes guest lectures, workshops, seminars, faculty works, study tours and events like Rizvi Arch expo, Rizvi arch Fest, etc.
- The college runs with an objective of development in creative skills as well as holistic knowledge.
- The mission statements of college are as follows:
- It is an integral part of national mission for human development through the mode of education.
- The education programs offered by the college are designed in a way to prepare students for professional role in the field with co-coordinating design endeavor as their responsibility.
The college has a group of experienced and trained faculty members who are always ready to give their best while teaching the students.
Courses offered by the college are:
- B. Arch.
- M. Arch. (Urban Design, Urban &Regional Planning, Environmental Architecture)
- The college is also planning to offer post-graduate and doctoral programmes in various specializations in the related field such as housing, urban and regional planning, urban design, architectural heritage conservation, landscape and interior architecture etc.
Apart from the excellent academics the college also does provide a wide variety of other opportunity which improves their academic as well as the extra-curricular activities.
The College organizes seminars on important subjects each semester.
- Graduates & faculty members from other colleges participate in these seminars.
- A delegate of Rizvi College of Architecture participated in an International Inter-University symposium in Graz, Austria.
Rizvi College of Architecture sponsors various workshops such as landscapes, housing, planning conservation, Urban Architecture and Environmental.
- The students are provided with the opportunity to learn architectural model making and are encouraged to use the workshop facility for their design models.
- The college also has access to workshops of Rizvi College of Engineering including a material testing laboratory and environmental laboratory.
- As there are a huge numbers of workshop taking place so sometimes many workshops are co-sponsored by other professional along with voluntary organizations such as Women Architects Forum, Urban design research institute, the Indian Institution of Architects, etc.
- The college also organizes joint International workshops in association with colleges and universities abroad.
- International workshop on Earthquake resistant rural housing for Latur and Osmanabad districts was organized in collaboration with the Technische Universidad Graz, Austria.
Tags:Rachana Sansad Academy of Architecture | Pillais College of Architecture | Padmashree Dr DY Patil College of Architecture | Dr. Baliram Hiray College of Architecture | LS Raheja School of Architecture - [LSR] | Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute of Architecture and Environmental Studies - [KRVIA]
College Infrastructure and Facility