Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management and Research (or Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Institute of Management and Research), New Delhi popularly known as BVIMR was established in 1992. It is one of the premier institutes providing quality education in management and is one of the chief constituent institutes among the 182 institutions of the Bharati Vidyapeeth family.
- The institute which is ISO 9001:2008 certified is under the realm of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University (BVDU), Pune.
- The institute was formerly affiliated to Pune University. In 2005 on the recommendation of UGC it was brought under the ambit of Bharati Vidyapeeth University.
- The MBA program of the Institute is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and approved by AICTE, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
- The institute has also got accreditation with grade ‘A’ by NAAC.
- The Institute has been graded A* at national level and A** at state level by CRISIL ( It is India’s leading rating, research, risk and policy advisory company)
- The Institute is based on the wonderful architecture and design on the lines of Nalanda Vishwa Vidyalaya. It has splendid layout on rambling 4 acres of plot with state of the art facilities within all class rooms, Library etc. Only institute in NCR with attached Metro station.
- The institute has an excellent Industry Institute partnership cell which provides training and placement facilities to the students. It has signed MOUs with 40 corporate companies for training and placement. Some prominent recruiters of the institute are- HDFC Bank, HSBC Bank, ICICI Bank, IBM, Wipro, Deloitte etc.
Collaborations: The institute has academic collaboration with following national and international institutes-
- British Council
- American Council
- All India Management Association
- Association of Management Development Institute in South Asia (AMDISA)
Academic Overview: The academic curriculum is well-run with the feedback from industry with curriculum of leading national and international close institutes to recollect edge in academics. The Institute offers the following undergraduate, post graduate and certification courses. The Institute has 2 departments and they are:
- Management Studies
- Computer Studies
Research: The Institution encourages its faculty and students to take up research and present papers in National and International Conferences/ Seminars. Till date nearly 142 research projects/ surveys have been completed. The Institute recently signed MOU with Vorarlberg University Of Applied Sciences, Austria.
Extracurricular: In addition to academics BVIMR is also keen in promoting extracurricular and co-curricular activities so that the students have all round development and they get fair opportunities and platform to perform and explore themselves and their qualities. Some clubs are following-
- IT Club
- Finance Club
- Marketing Club
- HR Club
- Social Club
- International Business Club
- Entrepreneurship Club
Facilities: The college provides state of the art facilities so that the students face no problems in their pursuit of excellence, the facilities provided are-
Library: The library of BVIMR is known as the Knowledge Resource Center.
- The library houses a total of 42,731 books and has over 180 National and International journals and magazines which consist of 37 international and 97 national journals.
- Digital system via audio-visual facilities.
- The Library has the membership of American Council and British Council of India.
- The digital library of the Knowledge Resource Center has 30 computers.
- EBSCO (Online Journals) & Prowess (Corporate Database) is the part of it.
- The Computer center at BVIMR has more than 400 computers with the latest configuration.
- The computer center is professionally managed & equipped with three servers ported with Windows 2003 server and Linux.
- The systems are loaded with the necessary software including PROWESS – a corporate database and SPSS.
- The center integrates itself with the rest of the world with broad band Radio Link whose speed is 4 Mbps and the whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled.
- State of the art Auditorium with a seating capacity of over 250
- Amphitheatre which can accommodate more than 290 persons
- Students of the institute can learn Foreign Language - French & German.
- Techspan: It is the annual information technology inter-institute competition of BVIMR.
- Renaissance: It is the annual management festival.
- Milap: Annual alumni meet.
Ranking: Following is the list of achievement and rankings of Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management & Research-
- BVIMR received “Abhijeet Kadam Memorial Adarsh Mahavidyalaya Award” for outstanding contribution in education amongst all institutes run by Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune.
- Ranked 2nd in North India by Business and Management Chronicle.
- BVIMR, New Delhi Ranked among top 50 b-schools in India and top 5 in Delhi by Business India.
- BVIMR, New Delhi Ranked at top position in Delhi for BBA/BCA program by Business and Management Chronicle.
- Ranked amongst Top 40 B-Schools in India, Top 10 B-Schools in North India and 2nd in Delhi by CAREERS 360.
College Infrastructure and Facility