Ananda Chandra College was started in the year 1942. The college is affiliated to University of North Bengal. It is recognized under section 2(f) &12(B) of the UGC Act since 1956. The college offers undergraduate courses in Arts and Science. The college also offers Masters in Bengali
- The college has an area of 22.2 acres where 4000 students are studying
- The college has 20 academic departments comprising of 9 Science subjects and 11 subjects of humanities and social sciences
- The college caters to the needs of students under the distance education system through the Study Centre of Netaji Subhas Open University (UG, PG, BLIS. & MLIS)
- The college occasionally arranges Mountaineering courses at HMI, Darjeeling for able bodied and willing students on submission of requisite fees
- NSS- NSS volunteers participate in activities like Blood donation camp, eye checking camp, health awareness programme etc.
- NCC- NCC has 2 wings. Over the years, NCC cadets of Ananda Chandra College earned distinctions through their commendable performance in various adventure activities and military training
- Nature Club-This club undertakes activities in a variety of areas for environmental awareness and education, maintenance of Bio-diversity etc.
- Sports- College’s students actively participate in indoor & outdoor games. Also, the college has a big gymnasium. The college has won Trophy/Certificate on the University Blue Day for the three consecutive years
The college has well- equipped and spacious library with 49,000 books and electronic database of 40,000 books using SOUL 2.0 software developed by UGC-INFLIBNET.
College Infrastructure and Facility