The University of Rajasthan holds the refinement of being the most senior Institution of higher taking in Rajasthan. It was made as University of the Rajputana on 8 of January, 1947 and recognized from the time of its beginning under areas 2f and 12b of UGC. Act.
- The fundamental goal of the University has been the creation and dispersal of learning.
- The area of the University is Urban and its Central Campus is spread over 286 sections of land. The satellite campus, involving the Constituent Colleges, is spread over 150 sections of land. In the first place the University's purview incorporated the whole state.
- In the year 1957, the Rajputana University was renamed as the University of Rajasthan, keeping sound its wrapping locale.
- With the formation of different Universities, its affiliating purview was altered in geological terms. In any case it has today UG and PG Colleges partnered to it.
- The University is still the center point of Higher Education in Rajasthan and lures students from everywhere on Rajasthan and different parts of India and likewise from abroad.
The University accepts that in its excursion of 66 years it has realized a change in Higher Education in Rajasthan and the nation in question. A portion of the different characteristics of the University are:
- 9 Faculties, 37 Departments and 22 Centers
- 1139 affiliating Colleges spread in seven regions of Rajasthan; more than 9 Lakh examinees (counting more than 4 Lakh non-university students)
- Agreed UPE status under XI Plan
- Four of the 6 constituent Colleges agreed CPE status
- Three PG Departments (Chemistry, Zoology, Philosophy) have been authorized UGC Centre for Advanced Studies status.
- Department of Physics and Economics have been endorsed DSA Programme
- Five Departments (Botany, Geology, Mathematics, Sociology and Home Science) have been authorized DRS Programmes.
- According to DST assessment dependent upon H-element of the exploration productions in Science, the University the ranks 13 at the national level
- In perspective of this standing DST authorized its prestigious PURSE Program to the University. 7 of the Science Departments have been authorized DST-FIST programmes.
Other than encouraging students for accomplishing scholarly perfection, the university concentrates on by and large preparing of students and gives them sufficient chance for taking an interest and outperforming in extracurricular exercises, for example,
- N.C.C., N.S.S. debates, acting piece, move, music (Vocal and Instrumental), essay composing and verse, drawing and painting.
College Infrastructure and Facility