Alder College, Nagaland was established in 1992. The college is affiliated to Nagaland University and recognized under Section 2 (f) and 12(b) of the U.G.C. Act, 1956. The college offers Bachelor Degree College in various fields of Arts
- The college has founded with aim of providing Higher education to the students of Nagaland, irrespective of caste, creed and culture
- The college provides all modern facilities for co-curricular activities together with curricular provisions where the youth would be groomed mentally, physically and psychologically to their requirement of the contemporary society
- The college organizes various activities von regular basis like literary competition, painting competition, dramas etc.
- ‘Alderamblings’, a news bulletin, available in the college for students to express their ideas
- The college conducts its Annual Sports Week covering games like football, basket ball, volley ball, tug of war, athletics etc.
- Alder College Students Union organize various activities for the welfare of the students
- Alder College Fellowship teaches moral and ethical values to students and conducts camps and retreats every year for positive character building
- NSS, organize various programmes for social welfare and national development by identifying the needs and problems of the society like Blood Donation Camp, awareness on HIV & AIDS etc
- The college has various cells and clubs for the students which enables them to learn new things and benefit them in various issues. These cells are: Women Development Cell, Research and Development Cell, Mentor-Mentee Cell, Counselling Cell, Eco Club, Youth Red Cross etc.
Library- Library is the centre of learning and knowledge. Library of college is well-furnished and well-equipped with rich collections of Books to meet the literary need of the students. It has:
- Seating capacity of 85 students
- Stack room with a capacity to hold over 15,000 books
- Journals for concern subjects, relevant magazines, news papers etc.
- Library management software - Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC)
Hostel – The college has a residence facility for the students. It has 2 hostels
- The Heritage Hostel for Boys, accommodates over 60 students
- Anchor Hostel for Girls, accommodates over 50 students
College Infrastructure and Facility