Ch. S. D. St. Theresa's College for Women, Eluru was established in 1953. The college was founded by Sisters of St.Ann of Providence, Secunderabad. The college is affiliated to the Andhra University which granted ‘Autonomy’ to the degree section during the year 1987-88. The college was assessed by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NACC) in August 1998 and received "A" grade with five stars (A*****). The aim of college is to create personally, mature, professionally equipped and service oriented integrated women leaders committed to excellence and trained on the lines of Gospel truths to become assets to the community and nation.
Department of Economics
Department of English
Department of Maths
Department of Microbiology
Department of Chemistry
Department of Physics
Department of Botany
Department of Zoology
Department of Hindi
Department of Sanskrit
Department of Social Science
Department of Commerce
Department of Computer Science
Extra Curricular Activities
NCC - The unit has 250 cadets and is excelling in all the nation and society building activities such Blood Donation, AIDS Awareness Rallies, Tree Plantations, Pulse Polio Programmes, Adult Literacy, Visits to Old Age Homes, Traffic Control, and Youth against Terrorism & Violence Programmes.
24 cadets participated in R.D. Parade at New Delhi and 38 at T.S.C. New Delhi
St Theresa’s Won Best Institution for N.C.C.Award 4 Times
NSS - The National Service Scheme has a stronghold of 750 student volunteers in 5 NSS units. The activities that have been taken up by this unit is tree plantation, blood donation camps, rallies, sanitation, health camps, socio economic surveys, literacy campaigns etc
2 NSS volunteers were selected for R.D.Parade in 2008
Mrs.L.Balamma and Mrs.B.B.R.G. VijayaLakshmi, Programme Officers receive certifications of recognition from AIDS Control Society in 2006
Mrs.L.Balamma is awarded Gold Medal at district level as Best NSS programme officer in 2009. She also received a Silver Medal from A.U and the ‘Nirmal Puraskar’ by Eluru Municipal Corporation in 2007
AICUF - All India Catholic University Federation(AICUF) is an All India Catholic Student Movement. They work with the motto to help in the growth of society organizing spiritual renewal programs, participating in social issues and finding solution, offering service to the needy in times of calamities and disasters.
The auditorium is artistically decorated and contains an area of 84000 sq. ft. and it can accommodate 2000 students.
The College has a well-equipped Language Lab with 60 computers installed with all the tools and techniques.
The college has a well stack library.
Available in two blocks with accommodation capacity of 750 girl students.
The 1500 sq ft gym is equipped with treadmill, twisters, fit kit., etc.
Scholarships for SC’s, ST’s, BC’s
Scholarships for physically handicapped
Economically backward students get financial assistance from poor students fund
Fee concession and exemption for deserving students
Scholarship from Jindal Educational Trust
Awards by benefactors & alumnae
Financial assistance to children of ex-servicemen.