Baba Farid College of Management and Technology, Bathinda (BFCMT) was established in the year 2008. The college is governed by Baba Farid Vidyak Society which functions under the patronage of eminent educationists from Malwa region of Punjab State.
- The college is approved by AICTE and Punjab Government.
- It is affiliated to Punjabi University, Patiala.
- The college conducts personality development programs in collaboration with leading professional companies.
- The institute has adopted modern and innovative teaching methodology which involves an active participation of students. The methods adopted are lecture method, group discussion, quiz, debate, declamation and case study.
- It provides good placement. Some of the companies visiting the campus for the placement are HDFC Bank, Unicon, IndiaBulls, India Infoline, Advantra Innovations, UltraTech, IFEN, UAEXchange, Bhatinda Chemicals Limited and TradeIndia.
- Its mission is ‘to serve the student community with academic excellence and professional inputs enabling them to serve the society and the nation in a better way’.
Why BFCMT ?
- 100 % Written Placement Guarantee (Batch 2013 onwards)
- Encouraging research and development activities
- Collaboration with leading professional companies for conducting personality development programme.
- Placements in leading MNCs
- Fully AC classrooms equipped with smart boards and multimedia projectors
- Regular industrial visits
- Live Projects and Onâ€Theâ€Job Trainings
- Guest Lectures by leading speakers from industry and academics (e.g. IIMs)
Research and Development: Research is very vital for self-growth and development. An extensive research in any area would lead to significant developments in that sector whether it is education or industry. The advancement of knowledge created through research activities can streamline and modernize the whole education system.
Research Papers Presented by the Faculty Members of BFCMT:
Conference and Volume
“Organised Rural Retailing in Punjab: Opportunities & Challenges”
May 23-26, 2011
International Journal of Arts & Sciences (IJAS) Conference for Academic Disciplines at Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
“Role of CRM in Passenger Car Marketing”
April 10, 2010
International Conference on “Industrial Competitiveness” at Gulzar Group of Institutions, Khanna.
“Managing Expectations of Retail Customers During Recession”
June 18-19, 2009
International Conference on “Innovative Technologies” at PDM College of Engineering, Bahadurgarh ( Haryana)
“Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) towards Healthcare in Punjab State”
April 25, 2009
International Conference on “Corporate Social Responsibility - Realities and Opportunities” at Shree Atam Vallabh Jain College, Ludhiana
Seminars & Workshops:
- Communication Skills Workshop (15 April 2011): BFCMT organized Communication Skills workshop in the campus premises in coordination with department of Training & Placement.
- Seminar on emerging challanges in Banking (12 October, 2010): Association of Innovative Managers (AIM) – a body of Management students of BFCMT organized a guest lecture on “Emerging Challenges in Banking”.
- Seminar on Global Economic and Environmental Crisis (14 April 2009):
- Seminar on creativity and Innovation by Dr. B.B. Goyal
- Expert Lecture by Mr. Anoop R Ohri
- International Conference "Issues and Perspectives in Brand Management" on February 20th – 22nd , 2014
- 3rd National Conference "Trends and Issues in Product and Brand Management" on 20th , 21nd March, 2013
- 2nd National Conference "Retailing in India: Opportunities and Challenges" on 15, 16 March, 2012
- 1st National Conference "Strategic Management of Business Development: Issue and Prospects" on 20, 21 April, 2011
Hostel: The institution has separate hostels for boys and girls to accommodate 300 students.
- The hostel rooms are air conditioned and well furnished with attached washrooms.
- The hostel mess is air conditioned with a seating capacity of 100 students.
- Students are provided with air conditioned reading room and common room
- Round the clock internet connectivity is provided through Wi – Max connection
Library: The institute has a set of libraries which is centrally air conditioned.
- The libraries have a stock of nearly 4,249 volumes, 520 titles, 24 international and national journals.
- The libraries have subscription to all leading national and state newspapers.
- In addition to the digital library which is available to the students and faculty, the library has been equipped with computers with internet connection so that the readers have access to e journals and e books.
Computer Lab: The college provides its students with a centrally air-conditioned state of the art computer lab
- It is equipped with a number of latest version computer terminals, UPS for effective backup, high end application servers and 24 hours access to internet.
- The computer systems are equipped with hardware of the latest configuration which includes Intel Processors, Symptronics Mother Board, 1 GB RAM, etc.
- On the part of software the systems have been installed with new versions of licensed software like Office XP, Windows XP Professional, Java, Visual Basic, C, C++, etc.
- The computers of the lab have been connected through a dedicated leased line of 20 Mbps, thus giving the students freedom to visit various course and educational related websites.
- It supports installed printers and scanning devices.
- 25% academic fee waiver for the children of employees of Baba Farid Group of Institutions.
- Children of press reporters and principals of secondary college/ school get academic fee waiver of 20%.
- 20% 1st semester fee waiver for the children of Defense personnel
- The students who have studies 10th/ 12th/ UG in Baba Farid Group of Institutions can get a fee waiver of upto 50% in their 1st semester if they seek admission in next higher class.
- 15% to 100% 1st semester tuition fee waiver as per % of marks in 10th, 10+2 and annual scholarship test.
- 50% to 100% 1st semester tuition fee waiver to students holding positions in national/ state/ inter-university/ university level for cultural or sports activities.
- 20% to 100% fee waiver of subsequent semester or an amount of Rs. 5,000 – 10,000 for enrolled students according to their examination results.
- 50% to 100% academic fee waiver to economically weaker section according to their results in 10th and 10+2.
College Infrastructure and Facility