Sydenham Institute of Management Studies and Research and Entrepreneurship Education(SIMSREE) is a parent institute of Sydenham College which is one of the most renowned Commerce Colleges in India. Sydenham College, "the first college of commerce in Asia," was established in October 1913. It was named after the governor of Bombay ‘Lord Sydenham of Combe’.
- In 1990, TIME rated Sydenham College as the "Best Commerce College this side of the Suez."
- SIMSREE in continuation with the Sydenham Education tradition was founded in 1983.
- SIMREE provides business knowledge with flexibility and embarks a journey towards a progressive career, fosters a spirit of co-operation, innovation and vision, and helps develop discerning eyesight to appreciate and respect the unity in diversity and harmonizes the inherent differences, while demolishing the artificial dividers. It is the only Government Management Institute in Maharashtra State offering education with minimum fees and high standard.
Research & Publications:
- Market Roundup: “Market Roundup” is a Newsletter published by SIMSREE Mutual Fund Forum where we cover all the corporate performances and major market events. This consists of current Global and National Business news, Sector-specific news & recommended reads along with our views on the same. This newsletter aims to be the students updated with the current business affairs.
- SIMCON – Beacon: SIMCON Newsletter is named as Beacon, denoting the light cast far into the sea by the lighthouse to guide the ships and diverting them from colliding to rocks. Same will be the purpose of this newsletter to guide us all on consulting path and lead us to the success.
- The Sydenham Management Review: The Sydenham Management Review is the official institute journal that contains all the original research publications by SIMSREE faculty and students.
- Innovator - E-Cell: E-cell-SIMSREE felt the need to communicate to young aspiring students of SIMSREE on a regular basis. The name of the newsletter ‘The Ideator’ also emphasizes on the importance of creating productive ideas and transforming them into successful businesses.
- Reminiscence - The Alumni Meet is an occasion built on the twin pillars of nostalgic moments and fun. It is the time when SIMSREEites all over the world return home to relive the Sydenham experience. Reminiscence provides the Alumni an opportunity to revive old friendships & share experiences with the new generation of SIMSREEites.
- SIMAA: SIMAA was occurred by the students of the 2005-07 Batch. It was registered as a Company under Section 25.
- ABP News National B-School Awards : Outstanding B-School in Industry Related Curriculum in Marketing and Outstanding B-School(West Zone)
- DNA & Stars of the Industry Group's Innovative B-School Award: B-School Leadership award
- National Educational Leadership Awards by ET NOW ": Outstanding B-School(West Zone) and B-School with Industry Related Curriculum in Marketing Management
- Indy Awards: Indy’s B-School Leadership Awards
Summer Placements report 2013-14:
- Total Number of Eligible Students: 176
- Total Number of Companies on Campus : 102
- Highest stipend offered : 1.5 Lac
Placement process at Sydenham is a structured, student driven process - managed by the incumbent Placement Committee (a student body) under the guidance and mentorship of the Placement Officer and supervision of the Director.
No of Companies visiting Campus
Total No of eligible candidates
Total No of Offers
Avg Offers Per Student
Placement news in media :
SIMSREE has been known for its excellent track record & this year has been no different in terms of placements.
The Executive Placement Season for the 2012-14 Batch of SIMSREE saw unprecedented success and has reiterated the fact that despite the instability in the global market, there are always exciting and commensurable opportunities for deserving and talented students, thereby reinstating SIMSREE’s stature as one of the premier B-Schools in the country.
The highest salary offered on campus was Rs. 15 lakhs. The average number of offers per student stood at 1.75. Continuing with the impressive performance of the students in the Industry, many were also offered PPO's and PPI's based on their Summer Internships.
The top recruiters for the year 2014 include Godrej & Boyce, Barclays, Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase, Cognizant Business Consulting, CRISIL, Google, Whirlpool, Millward Brown, ACG and many more top global companies.
Students of the Batch of 2014 have bagged coveted profiles and lucrative packages across various sectors and verticals. The roles that were on offer were more diverse, challenging and having greater responsibilities, compared to the previous year. The coveted roles on offer were Management Trainee, Leadership Program in Sales & Marketing and Operations, Strategic Management, Area Sales Manager, Market Research, Consultants, Corporate & Investment Banking, Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Research Analysts, Financial Planning & Analysis, Trade Services, Supply Chain, Logistics, HRP, HR Consulting to name a few.
Statistics by Specialization :
Number of companies : 57
Average Package : 10.20 LPA
Top Recruiters : Citi Group, Barclays, JPMC, Crisil, Citibank, HDFC Life, Axis Bank
Number of companies : 52
Average Package : 10.32 LPA
Top Recruiters : Trident, Godrej & Boyce, Landmark, Whirpool of India, Marsh India Insurance,Cognizant,Wipro
HUMAN RESOURCES :
Number of companies : 12
Average Package : 07.35 LPA
TOP RECRUITERS : Godrej & Boyce, TCS, Randstad, Tata Trent, ACH Consultants, ABC Consultants
Number of companies : 18
Average Package : 10.27 LPA
TOP RECRUITERS : Godrej & Boyce, ACG, D’Décor, Capgemini, Reliance General, TCS
- Flagship: These events give the chance to students come up with solutions and manage situations in the face of actual constraints and timeliness.
- Simerations: This event is the annual b-school festival held at SIMSREE. The aim of Simerations is to facilitate interactions between the students from various management institutes on a serious and casual level. This will be supplemented with music, dance and entertainment.
- Simergence: This event is an annual academia-industry interface organized by SIMSREE where the stalwarts of the Business and Industrial world come together with the students to discuss matters concerning current business trends.
- USHER: It is often said that one learns more and in a better manner if the learning is through the form of games and competitions. The students have the onus of organizing the event, from start to finish, which help them to gear up for organizing other events ahead.
- FISCUS: SIMSREE organized the Finance Summit “FISCUS ‘11” on 1st October at Indian Merchants Chambers (IMC), for the first time. Aim of FISCUS ’11 is to bring together students and finance stalwarts on one platform to discuss a vital issue in the field of finance.
- E – WEEK: The E-Week ensures that all the students get opportunity to learn from great entrepreneurs and their successes during the E-Week.
- SIX SIGMA - Green Belt Certification Drive: SIMCON – SIMSREE Consulting Club has successfully hosted Green Belt Certification drive with the help of Benchmark Six Sigma. During this workshop 24 students witnessed some amazing teaching skills from none other than CEO and Lead Facilitator of Benchmark Six Sigma, Mr. Vishwadeep Khatri.
- SIMSREE - The Only B-School in India to have organised 'Storewars': Started aiming of imparting practical knowledge of business and technnologies in it.SIMSREE has become the first ever B-school in India to have organised ‘Storewars – A Business Simulation Game’.
- BUZZ: “BUZZ” is the one and half year old brainchild of the marketing enthusiasts of SIMSREE. The forum publishes a monthly newsletter ‘MAGMA’ including all the latest marketing news, important events and introduces emerging marketing.
- SIMCON Consulting Club: The SIMCON consulting club was started in 2012 for those students who have excellence in management consulting and strategic management. Aimed for awareness among the students about consultancy as a discipline, the club strives to maintain strong relations with top consultancy firms and provide platform to craft highly skilled & competent consultants from SIMSREE.
- CRISIL: A++ at National Level. A+++ at Maharashtra Level, for both PG and MMS
- The Week: Overall Rank: 20th, West Zone Rank: 8th
- B School Affaire and Dewang Mehta Awards: Best B-School for innovation in leadership
- Careers 360: Western Region Rank: 4th (Public Schools), All India Rank: 20th (Public Schools), Rank in terms of Work Experience: 8th
- MBA Universe: SIMSREE ranked 19th in All India B-School List
- CNBC TV18: 12th rank in terms of salary statistics, 6th rank in Top 10 University Departments